Your testing begins with the collection of a proper specimen. Our phlebotomists are specially-trained in the collection and processing of blood from patients of all ages. There is very little risk involved in having your blood collected.
- For your safety, the phlebotomist will ask your name and date of birth.
- The equipment and supplies used are latex- free, including your individual tourniquet.
- Veins vary in size from one person to another, and from one side of the body to the other.
- Taking blood from some people may be more difficult than from others.
- When the needle is inserted, some people feel slight pain, while others feel only a prick or stinging sensation. Our phlebotomists will make every effort to ensure your comfort.
- After the sample is collected, the container is labeled with your name and other information.